Saturday 13 April 2013

SynchDub - Cool As Backside

SynchDub

Cool As Backside

Review By Brando Albers


SynchDub has brought together a very strong and fulfilling effort. "Cool As Backside" is a mind blowing album that isn't afraid to get in your face. Glitchy anxious arrangements keep you on the edge of your seat as the pounding bass sinks you deep within. A strong warm sensation builds within your spine and explodes like fireworks in your mind. With each and every song, new and vivid imagery is implanted into your mind. A true adventure filled with lush sounds and the constant element of satisfying surprise.

I cannot stop listening to this album. Each time I hit play I find more and more aspects of the music that engage me. The songs evolve and grow which makes the music interesting to listen to numerous times over. A great album to melt into your chair listening to, especially at night with big headphones on. But, this album can also be the ultimate compliment to that wild party your planning this weekend. One thing I really love about this album is how it connects perfectly with the electronic music I listened to as a teen. While at the same time, bringing something ground shakingly fresh and excitingly new to the table. My Top three favourite songs are:

1, Crystal Of A Dream:

This song has a crunchy tight lounge-ish feel to it. Plenty of room to stretch which SynchDub takes full advantage of. Often times musicians put too much variation into one song... But SynchDub knows exactly how to mesh all the parts together effortlessly. You drift around through SynchDub's universe of delicate frequencies with ease. This song showcases exactly that, which makes it my favourite no doubt. I want to remix it!

2, Overactive Imagination:

A great song which I reviewed as a single not that long ago. I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. So when I was given the album to review I was pretty excited. The album lived up to and far beyond my expectations! This song is a hit no doubt!

3, Like A Dreadful Rushed Wind:

This song is not only catchy and easy on the ears, it also brings back interesting memories. This song is almost like a wonderful revamp of the electronic music often featured in old space and geographic documentaries from the 70's and 80's. I remember those videos being the best part of geography. Psychedelic and adventurous. Good combo indeed.

All in all this album truly expands the single and demonstrates SynchDub's true potential. Plenty of imagination and fearless experimentation seems to be the recipe here. Its always a pleasure hearing music by SynchDub and I can hardly wait to hear whats next. I rate this album 8/10!

If you want to get your hands on this kick-arse album click the link below... NOW!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cool-as-backside/id616111406

No comments:

Post a Comment