Tuesday 19 March 2013

Chrome Sparks - Sparks EP



Chrome Sparks

Sparks EP

Review By Brando Albers

            Chrome Sparks has delivered to the world an astounding EP which is fulfilling and rich. A good thing since the EP only features six tracks. The album art really jumped out at me with its simple but alluring concept. Chrome Sparks remind me of a more chilled out jazzy version of "Tycho" with hints of "Crystal Castles". Electrifying!

            This artists music explores a very large variety of samples and sounds. Its one of those EP's that grow in depth with every listen. I can just imagine sitting in some downtown cafe chatting with friends as this album swoons in the background. I'd also suggest it for more intimate situations. There is something really sexy about their music. The beat and melody drive deeply into our souls urging us back off and calm down. Its a silent sort of motivation. In other words, On the surface I am motionless and in a trance. But inside I feel as if I am undergoing some sort of transformation that has strong personal value. My top three songs on this EP are:

1, Send The Pain On
This song starts of with a bitter sweet melody which is then accompanied by a full, vibrant melody. The melody grabs hold of your soul as if it were a beach stone and hurdles it towards the sunset. You feel the warmth and bask in the light, and you are also strangely comfortable with the inevitable decent into the depths where you may never see the light of day again. I truly enjoy the way this song wraps itself around you.

2, Cosmic Claps Of Love
This is the track I was referring to earlier, the one that would be great for a cafe soundtrack. And it truly would. It is funky and light, sort of like what "Zero 7" does except with a revitalized electronic feel to it. Its also good driving music, at night obviously.

3, Your Planet
This is a very relaxing song and is one that finds its way into my playlists frequently. During times of crass behavior and misled thoughts, nothing soothes better. Its hard to unwind from our daily stresses. This song pulls me away from all worries and aggravations. Truly chill.

            To conclude this review, I truly want you to track this EP down and give it a good listen. You will not regret it. I rate this EP 8/10. A strong set of songs indeed.

            Download it free at bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment